Re Vibrating rear mirror

Has anyone come across this problem.

Once I go above 50mph an irritating vibration starts across the rear mirror which slightly distorts the rear vision.

Cheers

Nick

Reply to
Nick Dunstan

There may be something wrong with the mirror, but I'd be looking for the source of the vibration. I'd guess the tires are causing it. As the original tires on my Focus wore out, they started to vibrate more and more. New tires == like new smoothness...

Reply to
Mark Olson

My RS does that , but i think it might have something to do with the ICE in there ;o) lol

faulty mirror prehaps? theres gonna be vibration at almost any speed as nothings perfect, but as mark said i'd give the tires a spin to make sure they're in shape still.

MC.

----------------------------

Reply to
Mark C.

Here. Me.

Starting from 130km to the end speed. Strange.

N.

Reply to
Norbert Huettisch

My Focus has the same problem since I drive the car (1999).

Starting from ~120km, sometimes also at lower speed. Since two months I have new tires, vibrations goes on:-(

Reply to
Joachim Steffens

Thanks for the groups replies.

The car will be checked out next week and I suspect the front wheels need rebalancing.

Cheers

Nick >

Reply to
Nick Dunstan

i just got a used focus zts sedan, with 35 thous miles. when i accelerate quickly my mirror gets jittery to. but i beleive only when i accelerate. other than that, i havent had any problems so far with my focus :) but id like to hear what was causing the mirror rattling after u get it checked out.

Reply to
Cornelius

Mine did this too, but only when it was hot out and the car sat in the sun. It was annoying. I took the mirror off to see what was wrong and the ball and sockets joints were tight. I remounted it on the windshiled mount and it is fine now. I don't think it was pushed down all the way. There is a locking tab that holds it in place. You lift this when you remove it (slide it up) form the mount.

Gary

Reply to
Gary