Re: Water infiltration

wrote:

If you search this group via Google you'll find that this subject has been covered more than once. The water is coming in via the pollen filter, which is just underneath the windscreen on the passenger side. The filter needs re-sealing. A well-known fault. Happens here in the UK too :-( Had breakfast in Flagstaff 12 years ago on our way from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon - wonderful holiday. Hope your problem is soon sorted.
--
MCC

In message

Cabin/pollen filter cover not seated correctly. The cover is sited at the bottom of the front windscreen (passenger side) and forms part of the windscreen seal. The fixings for the cover are under the three black round screw covers. It's a common problem, often mentioned in this group after the car has been serviced.
--
Alan
Craig

Can anybody tell me where to find this filter. I think I might have the same problem.
The dealer is asking for 22.50 to spray some water on the car to find the leak. Where I live in Scotland rain comes free and I'm sure I could check this filter if I knew where to find it.
Any help would be appreciated

The cover for the filter at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side. Black in colour, about 2ft long fixed in place with 3 screws under some black screw covers. I assume the water comes down the windscreen, gets under the rubber seal at the bottom of the windscreen and into the aperture that lets filtered air into the inside of the cabin. From other posts in this group an actual pollen filter element may not actually be fitted - instead a corrugated card element or nothing, may be substituted on cheaper models.)
--
Alan
Thanks Alan.

How often do you rotate the tires on it ? I do mine every oil change about 3,000 miles or so...my dealer only charges like $1.50 for it. Good deal for me...Linda

Your dealer must have a special interest in you, the norm around here is $5 per tire plus 8% tax.
Bill

They want people to rotate their tires more often - that's all. They have it for the oil change might as well have them rotate the tires too...I also check my tire pressure more often too especially with these wild temp. changes here this fall...Plus if you buy tires at Sears they rotate for free too. One reason I tend to look there for tires - that way I can shop while I wait. Prices are usually competitive also. Linda