Really looking for help on replacing the radio . . . .

in my car - a 2001 ZX3.

I thought I read in this forum that you need special tools to do this. Has anyone on this forum changed the radio in their Focus? If so, how hard was it and do I need special tools?

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Osborn

Hey Rob, I haven't done this. Still have the stock radio in my 2001 SE Wagon. I do vaguely remember something about this here. You can use google to search the past postings here. Try looking here:

Good luck!

Reply to
Tony Wesley

Cut up a coat hanger, or use paper clips or hairpins.

-- Don

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain

Reply to
Don McC

Check out the link it is a how to on replacing the head unit

You do need to tools and you can get them at any auto supply store, CHEAP

Terence

Reply to
barreling_NJ

"barreling_NJ" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

If you buy the stereo from crutchfield, they throw in a free removal tool. I tried to use a coat hanger and had no luck.

Reply to
Ray