Really looking for help on replacing the radio . . . .

in my car - a 2001 ZX3.
I thought I read in this forum that you need special tools to do this. Has anyone on this forum changed the radio in their Focus? If so, how hard was
it and do I need special tools?
Thanks for your help.
Rob
Rob Osborn wrote:

this. Has

hard was

Hey Rob, I haven't done this. Still have the stock radio in my 2001 SE Wagon. I do vaguely remember something about this here. You can use google to search the past postings here. Try looking here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford.focus

Good luck!

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalFordEscape.htm
Cut up a coat hanger, or use paper clips or hairpins.
-- Don
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain
Check out the link it is a how to on replacing the head unit
http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/headunit-removal.htm
You do need to tools and you can get them at any auto supply store, CHEAP
Terence

If you buy the stereo from crutchfield, they throw in a free removal tool. I tried to use a coat hanger and had no luck.
--
-Ray