Rear Brake Drums Hot

2000 Focus I replaced my rear brake shoes today. The drums both looked good so I didn't get them turned. Anyhow, I had a difficult time getting the adjustment tight
enough to allow the drum to slip over the shoes. I'm pretty sure I got it all back together properly and the brakes work fine but both drums are getting pretty hot. I'm used to manual systems in which you can back off the shoes from the drums but can't see any way to do it on the Focus. Ideas? Thanks. jor

Did you check your Emergency Break Cable.
With the Rear Wheels jacked up you should be able to turn them freely.
Lift the Emergency Break 3 Clicks and the wheel should stop turning.
Don't know where the adjustment is for Foci, my blazer had a cable running under the chassis, which I adjusted with a deep socket.
-- Dan 03 ZX5 2.0 Litre 23K miles "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it" - George Santyana
Pretty fundamental and a great idea! Actually, I didn't but I will. Thanks. jor