Rear shock absorbers

What life expectance do we have for rear shock absorbers on the Focus. My rear wheels has begun to bounce and jump sideways at small bumps, but there
seem to be ample damping at largeer bumps. The car has done 120,000 km. /per

Mine are good as new at 95,000 km.
My wagon's rear shocks lasted about 60,000 km, until a pothole took one of them out :(
Rob
BTW, you'll laugh when you see one - they're puny.