Rear signal bulb replacement 89 Ford Escort

Hi all:

I wanted to replace the rear signal bulb on my 89 Ford Escort. I did see two screws for the light house cover. I unscrewed them, but I'm still having tough time to remove the cover. One side where the screws were is removable but the other side is not. I didn't want to use too much force on it for fear that might break. I also saw there were two plastic legs sticking out roughly in the inside area of the other side of the light cover in my trunk. I don't know what to to with it. Just use a hammer to hammer them out? I hope you understand my question. Sorry, this is the first time I work on my car. For big problems, I normally take my car to garage.

Regards,

Anup Mistry

Reply to
HandheldMaster

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HandheldMaster) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

hammer to

The signal light bulbs are replaced from inside the trunk. Remove the panel that covers the socket, and turn it with your hand. No tools are required.

Reply to
vince candline