Rear window Defroster

Sorry if this is a reopost. My original message isn't showing up in my newsreader.

The rear window defroster in my 2001 Focus wagon isn't working. I've checked the fuses. I know there's a TSB on the subject.

Does anyone out there have the text of that TSB? Has anyone had this fixed or fixed it themselves, and can offer me any insights?

Looking forward to you help, Joe

Reply to
Joe Charpentier

Now there's a coincidence... the rear window defroster on my 2000 wagon works - just not very well. You say there's a TSB related to that? I think it's time to do a little research.

I'll be interested to see what this thread turns up.

Rob

Reply to
Specter

Joe,

Check your Defroster for a good ground and 12 VDC when switch is on.

Check your Defroster lines for little tiny scratches, as if someone might have accidently scratched one or more of the lines trying to remove a sticker or just cleaning the inside of the window.

TSB 03-15-1 Tells you how to fix scratches which are less than 1" in length. Text is too long to type but here is the Warranty Paragraph

Grid line repairs which are covered under warranty can be identified by one inoperative grid line and will indicate a small discoloration at the area of concern approx. the size of a pin-head. Scratches that cross more than one grid line are not warrantable.

Good Luck

-- Dan

2003 ZX5 "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it" - George Santyana
Reply to
Dan

Thanks Dan, at least I know not to go to the dealer and ask about the TSB. The entire thing doesn't work, so it could be a power or ground issue. Maybe this is an excuse to buy myself a multimeter.....

Appreciate the feedback, Joe

Reply to
Joe Charpentier

I have one defrost line on the rear defroster that does not work on my 2000 ZX3. Same issue?

Ron

Reply to
Rockin Ronnie

Doubt it. If only one line doesn't work it is usually a scratch. Loctite sells a repair kit that works fairly well if you follow the directions.

Reply to
Mark Olson