Rear wiper oddity.

Hello, I have a V reg, Zetec estate. The rear wiper is not functioning but I can hear what appears to be the relay clicking on and off. Oddly, this appears to be happening when the wiper is in the normal and off position! The rear wash works but it is not accompanied by a wipe. Anyone else experienced this? How do you repair it?

Cheers

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Goddard

Blown fuse for rear wiper motor.

Reply to
John R Cambron

I've now checked this and it is OK. Fuse no 43 (15A) in the central fuse box. I have taken the trim of the inside of the boot and the solenoid is making a 'tink' sort of noise. It's quite warm so I've disconnected the power to it.

Cheers

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Goddard

"Peter Goddard" wrote in message news:8bEQe.4533$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...

Hello, I've taken the rear wiper unit off to have a look. There are 3 connections. An earth connected to the metalwork of the boot and the connector. There is a blue/green wire and a white/red. Does anyone know why there are 3 wires? I was only expecting 2! The spindle which moves the wiper blade does twitch but it does not move. Is it likely that it has just seized up? Is this a renewal job or can it be repaired?

Cheers

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Goddard

1 GND, 1 Power & 1 "pulse" wire to make it all happend

Does sound like your skills goes to replace the unit ;)

ChipMIK

Reply to
ChipMIK

"Peter Goddard" wrote in message news:8bEQe.4533$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...

Hello, I replaced the motor assembly and I now have a working rear wiper.

Cheers

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Goddard