Recall...Kind off

I got a letter from FORD. Subject: Front Coil Spring failure. Ford Motor Company has issued a warning that some Focus's , 2000 thru 2003 may have had inadequate corrosion protection and may cause fracture of the spring. The new warranty for this 150,000 miles or May 31, 2005. If it fails, Ford will pay for it...

Reply to
Ronnie

Ronnie

"> I got a letter from FORD. Subject: Front Coil Spring failure. Ford Motor

That involve only Ford USA ?

Reply to
BRibic

Do they salt the roads in Turkey? This problem with the springs is only likely to show up in locales where roads are salted in the winter.

If Ford knows that you own your particular car, and they decide to offer you a similar deal, you'll get a letter from them.

I have a 2000 wagon and I got the letter. Whether you get the letter or not is probably immaterial, if you have coil spring failure due to corrosion, and you know that Ford has been covering the cost for other owners, you are likely to be able to get them to cover it for you.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Here is what the letter sad...

At Ford Motor Company, it has been our goal for more than 100 years to provide customers with high-quality, dependable products. In order to maintain these standards, Ford Motor Company is providing additional Customer Satisfaction Program 03M02 to owners of certain 2000 through 2003 model year Focus vehicles.

What is the reason for this additional coverage program?

In your vehicle, portions of the front coil springs may not have received adequate corrosion protection during manufacturing process. Inadequate corrosion protection may eventually lead to a fracture of the spring. A spring fracture may result in suspension noise during normal vehicle operation, and will allow the vehicle to sag or lean to one side. This is most likely to occur on vehicles operated for extended periods of time in high-corrosion areas of North America. Only a small percentage of the affected vehicles are expected to experience this concern. In the interest of customer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company is extending the warranty on both front coil springs for a total of 10 years or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date, which occurs first. If your vehicle already has accumulated more than 150,000 miles, this coverage will last until May 31,

2005. This coverage extends the provisions of the original warranty coverage for this part on your vehicle.

What will Ford and your dealer do?

Should either of the front coil springs fracture, your dealer will replace both coil springs, check alignment and, if necessary, adjust alignment angle at NO charge to you under the terms of this program.

What we are asking you to do?

You do not need to return to your dealer for this repair unless you have a front coil spring that fractures.

This is all the important stuff in the letter. Ford does say if you have already replaced your coil springs due to failure, go to your dealership. You may be eligible for a refund! The letter is signed by Frank M. Ligon, director Service Engineering Operations. I hope this helps...Ronnie

Reply to
Ronnie

Would you be more specific on the model and engine that this recall pertains to? I have a '01 wagon w/ 1.6 liter and I am in Turkey. I wonder my car is included in that list? Thanks.

Ahmet

Reply to
dragon

Ford Canada as well. Got the letter yesterday. Only difference is it's in metric (240,000 km). Canadians lose 1500 km of coverage.

Theo

BRibic wrote:

Reply to
Theo Weber

BRibic,

My letter states the warranty is extended to 10 years from warranty start date, or 150,000 miles whichever is first. If the car presently has 150,000 miles, the warranty is extended until May 31,2005. Yes, I am in the U.S.

Robert

Reply to
ROBERT TURNER

If it is you will get a letter from Ford if you are the original purchaser of the car.

Freddie

Reply to
Freddie the Crook Finder

Or if you purchased pre-owned from a Ford dealer and/or financed through Ford Credit, as I'm the second owner of mine (2001 SE sedan, if that's not redundant), and I got the same letter.

Reply to
Scott Thomas