reducing emmisions

I just bought a ford focus 2006. The offical emmission level is 127g CO2/km.

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way of reducing the CO2 level of the car by internal or external means?

I want to know because if you can reduce the CO2 level below 120g CO2/km, you go into a lower road tax band.

Cheers

Reply to
news.virginmedia.com

You could fit a sodium hydroxide tank and bubble your exhaust through it, that should reduce your CO2 emissions down to close to 0g/km. You have to remember to replenish the solution every so often.

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

In message , news.virginmedia.com wrote

The tax will be based on the official figure and not what you reduce it to otherwise everyone would be paying thousands of GBP per year for certification in order to reduce the tax by 50GBP :)

Reply to
Alan