Reflections on Windshield

Page 3 of 3
Craig Bennett wrote:

Canadian Tire should carry Rain-X (at least, it does in Ontario), as well as a bunch of similar liquids. I tend to go with the easiest route (I call it 'most efficient'), so I generally use the washer fluid with Rain-X in it - it is also good down to -45C, so I use the same stuff year round. This year I am thinking of keeping a spray bottle of it in the house by the door to speed the defrost cyle (my wife gets very annoyed at my requirement for all windows being completely clear before driving off - especially when *I* am late). I have noticed the reflections in the windshield, and having just cleaned the interior, notice that it tends to be worse when there is any dust or grime on the inside surface. Regular cleaning of the window and dash should help. If you like using Armor All, use the 'Low Shine' version (and keep it off the steering wheel!).
I have applied Rain-X on a previous vehicle, and the washer fluid provides satisfactory results, if not quite as good as the separately applied liquid. CT also has washer fluid with Teflon, purported to help the water bead off the windscreen.
BTW - I love not having to fill a separate washer fluid reservoir for the rear window!
Paul

I am glad I am not the only one who takes the time to clear all the windows before I start driving.

I used armor all on the last car as the dash was a lot more smoother - sort of leather like. This one is stipled plastic looking so it is just cleaned and not shined. I hear the steering wheel coment. Accidently did that one once.

Oh my - just ran out the other day and indeed - was very very pleased with that.
I've found there's nothing I can't fling out of the worthless little storage area by taking an easy left or right turn.
I have a 2006 ZX4 and I am thinking that if I get the AUX harness for my iPod, maybe I can have it snaked through the back of there and geri-rig a "lip" for it to hold it in place.

Double stick tape will work
mike

Hah... Not sure that's the answer but I like the way you think. :)