Remote starter on Ford Focus

I bought a Ford Focus SE 2003 in Canada in may 2003. I'd like to know if anybody encounters the same problems we have with the remote starter, cause teh dealer said they are "normal problems"!
So, when I left the whipers in funtion when I turn off the car, left and lock the doors from the interior, when I come back and unlock the doors with the remote, the whipers start. The dealer said it's normal. What will occur this winter with the ice in my windshield?
To open the driver's door, I also have to press the unlock twice.
The said they can't bypass the whipers allied with the starter. Is it possible?
Sorry for my english, thank you.
You have to remember to turn off your wipers BEFORE you turn off your car - if the wipers freeze on the windshield you will burn out your wiper motor...MAKE it a habit...I'm not sure with the other problem as I don't know anything about remote starters... Linda