Remove cylinder barrel from focus boot latch

The boot latch on my focus (2001) fails to lock. I've got a new latch to replace the existing one but I'm not sure how to remove the cylinder barrel from the existing latch. There appears to be pin to
the right of the barrel that locks it in place but I can't figure out how to remove it.
Does anyone know how to remove the barrel?