Remove Focus Dashboard

I have fitted a new car kit and there does not seem to be any power going to it. I might have blown the fuse on the connection to the battery. I need to be able to find this fuse as it is not in the
Central or auxillary fuse box.
I would trace the cable but I cannot seem to get the dash off to get access to the leads.
1. Where is the feed coming from to connect the battery feed into the car kit and where is the fuse?
2. Where does the ignition sense feed come from?
3. What would be the best way to trace the cable as it runs through the central console?
If these questions require too much detail, what would be the best book to buy to check this information.
Chris aka BoobBoo