removing temperature control unit

I have to replace my temperature control unit on my 2000 ford focus, i was just wondering if somebody could tell me how to remove the cover to get at it, and if i have to take the whole dash apart.

Reply to
joezy24

In message , joezy24 wrote

There is a resistor network with a thermal fuse associated with the switch that sets the fan speed. If the thermal fuse goes open circuit then the three lower fan speeds are dead but the fastest setting still works.

As you say in an earlier post that _all_ speeds don't work it is unlikely that the resistor network or thermal fuse is broken.

First check the fuses in the fuse boxes.

One fuse box is in the engine compartment.

The other fuse panel is behind the glove compartment. Open the glove compartment and squeeze in the sides of the glove compartment. A tiny bit of force will be required. The glove compartment is then released and hangs down on its hinge to allow you access behind it

It is not unknown for the switch itself to fail.

If required, the motor fan can be removed from behind the glove compartment as well as the resistor/thermal fuse network.

See

If the fastest speed still works see:

Reply to
Alan