Replacement tyres

Hi group
It nearly time to replace the tyres on my Focus (UK 1.8 LX), currently it has Continental Eco Conact CP 185/65 R14 H on it, should I stick with these
or does anyone have any better suggestions?
--
Martin

writes

fitting them again as that way you know how your car is going to feel and are used to it.
What sort of mileage have you got out of the originals? I'm on my second set of Pirelli P6000's after replacing the original Goodyears. I haven't had any problems with the P6000's and the front's lasted 22k without any rotation.
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website
The Conti's are OK, I don't throw the car around or drive in very adverse weather conditions so I have never had a problem with them.
I now sure exactly what sort of mileage they have done as they where on the car when I bought it, but based on there condition when I bought it compared to now and the mileage I have put on the car I would "guesstimate" they have done about 20k, so if i go for Conti's again they should see me right trough to my next car. -- Martin

My Zetec had P6000's on from new, and I found them excellant, with good wear- did 25,000 on them rotated acouple of times, but I do drive briskly, However I thought that excellant mileage considering dad used to get about 10k tops on a mk 6 Escort.
I have Michelin energy XYV or whatever and now at 46k and one rotation they are getting abit thin. However I am going back to the P6000's as they offered less noise and better wet grip than the Mich's do.
Tim..

To clarify in my last post, the current Michelin tyres have been onthe car since 25k miles(when the Pirelli's were worn out), and its now at 46k, so they have done 21,000miles. I shall be rotating them front to back when I get time and think I'll get another 5k out of them.
Pressures checked when i have time, and I run 30psi in the front and 26psi in the rear, with mostly solo driving and no luggage.
Tim..

Tim
The Dunlops I had were crap mate have not lasted at all well only around 16k no better noise and worse grip than the Michleins they replaced.

--
Hmm must get round to finding a decent sig

etc... PLEASE...try something new when you get your next set of tires people...ROTATE your tires...I've had mine last almost 40,000 miles and if it wasn't almost winter when I bought them they'd have lasted even longer. I tried to run "all - weather" tires during winter - not a good idea - but it was new tires so that helped some. Since I now have a new car ZX5 this time I think I'll spring for winter tires...like Blizzaks I think. Since it's over 85 during the day it's hard to think about winter... Linda

The problem with rotating is that you end up paying for four new tyres at once. If you don't rotate you end up replacing only two at a time which often is easier on your wallet.
Here in the UK we don't fit winter tyres because although we sometimes get severe winter weather, it only lasts a couple of weeks. We use the same type of tyre all year round.
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website

Never would have thought of that as a plus...buying 2 tires at a time .New tires before winter though do help some what...but I think I'll opt for studded tires as they are legal in PA. where I live this year. Linda 2003 ZX5... ( I love my car...)