Right turn noise - from left front wheel - I think

Hi - I think this may be a wheel bearing - although when I jacked it up, I couldn't wobble the wheel. or is it a CV joint? It goes woow woow woow woow (Sorry - its the best I can do! ;-) when I turn
right. Its a Focus Zetec 1.8 got 50k miles and made in 1999 Any ideas? Thanks Keith

I've got a similar noise on mine. Except mine is coming from the right front and is most noticable when turning left. I'm about 80% sure it is a wheel bearing. I've visually inspected all the CV boots for cracks and they look like new. I can't find any slop in either of my joints either.
And speaking of bearings.... I just replaced both wheel bearings on the rear of mine. The right rear was starting to make some noise. I also tried the "jacking and wobbling" trick on the rear wheels and they were tight. While a sloppy bearing is certainly an indication, a tight one doesn't mean all is good.
Matt 00 Focus Wagon (w/95,000+ miles)
Yep - it was a wheel bearing! Right hand front wheel (even though it sounded like left!) Already had a back wheel bearing done too - it must be fairly common. Many thanks for info.

Glad you got it fixed!
Yes, the rear wheel bearings are a problem. It seems Ford has some kind of special repair kit for the rear as I guess water was getting in from the backside of the hub. (I didn't order the kit from Ford.... I figured if the bearings lasted another 90K+ miles, the car would be made into a toaster by then.)
Matt 00 Focus Wagon