Running on 3 cyls

Page 2 of 2
I have a 6 year old Focus 1.6 Zetec and a had the same sympton a couple of weeks ago. I am not a do it yourself type and I went off to my local Ford dealer. Left the car with them for the morning, they fitted a
replacement 'coil pack' and all was well. The dealer did tell me that if I had left the visit for long, I would also be looking at a new catalytic converter as the old one would be damaged by the unburnt fuel. Probably cheaper than if I had bought plugs, leads and whatever and finding that they were not the problem.
(mind you, looking at the engine, I can't see where the plugs are let alone change them).
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

As a matter of interest how much did it cost to have the work done?
I had a coil pack and a set of new plugs fitted by Essex Ford a few weeks back and it cost 207.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Thanks, this confirms that I've been ripped off by the Essex Ford dealership.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

For anyone interested, the coil pack I replaced cost 72.80 including VAT - this was a Ford part from a non-Ford supplier. The plugs were NGK and cost 5.95 each from the same supplier. The leads were Bosch at 24.99 from Halfords. The plugs were an easy fit and the fitting instructions specified that the plug gaps should not be changed from standard. I'm sure a Ford dealer would have charged me a lot more for the parts and I think labour is at least 75 per hour in my area.
wrote

Sorry, but I got the prices quoted above wrong - didn't read the invoice properly! They should have been 57.02 for the coil pack, 18.05 for 4 plugs and 24.99 for the leads, all prices including vat.
Gren