rust at door mirrors

Hello I have a UK 51 plate 1.6 Zetec 5dr just coming up to first MOT and end of 3 year warranty. I have noticed slight rust where the paint appears to have been damaged just
where the drivers side door mirror meets the door. I know the passenger side has been knocked but ironically this looks OK. Does anyone know is this is a known issue and can I do anything about it before the warranty is up?
Thanks in advance.
Hi
Had the same problem - took it to Ford garage who said it was not covered by warranty. So rang customer services - explained problem - het presto agreed to do repair under warranty. So must be covered - just do not beleive what the garages say!!!!
Nick

3
just
side