Sat-nav and heated windscreen

Has anybody had any problems using portable Sat-nav (such as Tomtom) in a Focus with a heated front windscreen? Does the metal in the heating elements cause any interference with the signal?

--
Neil McD.

There are some reports of it happening, but it doesn't seem to happen with my TomTom or Navman units. If it does interfere with yours you can always fit an external / active antenna ;)
Neil McD. wrote:

My TT ONE V2 works fine.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:57:43 +0100, Neil McD. wrote:

I've not noticed any problem with a TomTom GO 910 - though I usually fix it right at the edge of the screen on the driver's side, where there is a narrow strip without heating elements.

I'm using a TomTom One V2 quite happily in a Mondeo with a heated windscreen. No problems at all, despite what the 'experts' told me before I tried it ;-)
Al.
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:57:43 +0100, "Neil McD." wrote:

The Garmin Nvi 350 works just fine in my Focus. I believe that heated windscreens behave much better than heat-reflecting windscreens in this regard.
Thanks for the answers everyone.
--
Neil McD.
"Neil McD." < snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
Neil McD. wrote:

and whilst a bit slow to get the signal, never lost it after it locked on.

Heated windscreen + sun protection glass (probably default on Ghia?) + Garmin GPS V == zero reception without external antenna

I have an older Tomtom unit working in a Focus with a heated front screen.
Heated windscreens attenuate the signals slightly and older GPS receivers should still work.
Athermic windscreens will block signals from older receivers.
The latest generation of GPS receivers (SiRF Star III GPS etc), which have been on sale in many units for more than a year, are a lot more sensitive and have been reported as working well with an athermic windscreen
<http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/004566.php
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

My Garmin Nuvi 660 works absolutely fine in my Focus with heated front screen.
--
Red Squirrel