Saved 270 with Esure insurance

Thought i'd just mention that as Direct Line wanted 694 and got a quote of 423 with Esure.
2001 Ford Focus 1.6 in Liverpool with business ins.
Cheers.
PS This is not an ad.

Geez, that's expensive. Just renewed my insurance for my 2002 1.8 Ghia with Esure today. 236 (8 less than last year) including business use, protected no claims, legal insurance and 100 excess. Of course, you don't say how old you are, how many convictions/accident claims you have....and you do live in Liverpool, which has got to be a bit of a negative. Difficult to compare apples with apples............
Hi Bob,
45 years old, full no claims and no convictions. We get hammered here in Liverpool and I think the insurers go over the top. I've never had a car stolen and neither have most people i know.

We're about the same age and I too have no convictions. I live in a suburb of Glasgow where car crime is generally pretty low (though my next door neighbour had the soft top of his Honda S2000 slashed the other night). I work in risk management in the insurance business (though nothing to do with cars unfortunately!), so I understand how underwriters assess their risk. Where you live has a big effect on premiums (it can sometimes vary from street to street and even what side of the street you are on), particularly if the car is not garaged.
Bob H