seat belt stuck in door

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Somehow the seatbelt (not the buckle) got stuck in the corner of the passenger door of my son's 2001 ZX3, and he can't get the door open to get it out. The door is stuck solid on the "first latch" or whatever you call it, so it's partly open. Is there a way to force the door a little more open to pull the belt out without ruining things? Thanks for any help with this.

Sorry if you get several copies; I've had trouble posting. Evie Fieseler Florida.

Reply to
efieseler

If this is a troll then it's better than usual :)

Seems simple - what about > Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Somehow the seatbelt (not the

Reply to
Tommy

You might try a bloodpressure cuff to open the bottom of the door enough to get the seat belt back into the car.

Jim

Reply to
jamesd43081

'Thanks, Jim. Good idea!! I hope it will be able to force it open enough. The buckle is resting on the sill and visible from the outside, not jammed, so it's two thicknesses of the seat belt actually wedged in the door. The buckle, the two belts, and the thick part where the belt is threaded through the buckle will have to be pulled into the car. We'll try it this weekend.

Evie

Reply to
Evie