Servicing of Focus Mark 2 1.6 TDCi

I have a 2005 Ford Focus Mk 2 1.6 TDCi 110PS, the one with the DLD-416 (also called DV6) Duratorq 1560cc diesel engine.

Does anyone know if this engine has a water drain on the fuel filter? As far as I can see, the fuel filter is a sealed black plastic box to the right of the engine block, which doesn't have any screws or valves on it to allow water drainage. Have I found the right unit for the fuel filter?

I can find no help for this online. The Ford service schedule for this car on

says that that water should be drained from the diesel fuel filter if a water drain is fitted, so this is not very helpful.

One diesel fitter I have spoken to, who has years of experience working of diesel engined trucks says that he thinks that some modern diesel engines which have high pressure fuel injection don't have a water drain on the fuel filter.

Can anyone shed light on whether the 1560cc Focus 1.6TDCi diesel has a fuel filter water drain, and if so, where this is located?

Reply to
redsheraton