shock absorbers

I have a weeping shock absorber and my mechanic wants a couple of hundred quid to fit 2 new ones. Apparantly shock absorber tests aren't included in the MOT. Is it worth my while having it fixed?
Thanks
Paul
You should get it fixed as it will fail eventually. On the other hand, it you are a little short of the ready you can probably let it go for some time. The problems you will incur from a failed shock are poor handling, poor ride and excessive wear on tires. Good luck. jor

Once your shock goes, your springs are all that provide suspension. Bouncy, bouncy, bounce. Besides riding in a bouncemobile, you've increased your chances for an accident, as your springs might not be able to keep your tires on the road during certain maneuvers. That's why they added shocks. Picture a sweeping turn, that gets bumpy, that makes your wheels skip along, making marginal contact with the road. Been there, done that and it ain't fun.
--
Raider Rick
"Just drive, baby"