Size of tires ?

Hi all. I would like to change my tires which are currently 15 inch. Can I put Escort 14 inch rims and tires on my 2003 ZX3 Focus? Would this setup
work? Thanks Dave.

Yes it will work with certain proviso's
1 The hole centres for the studs need to be the same (most likely they will be but easy enough to check.
2 The rolling diameter needs to be the same (This is to ensure your speedo continues to give a correct reading and to also ensure the gearing also remains the same) so with a smaller diameter wheel you will need to use a tyre with a higher aspect ratio. Say a 75 instead of a 65 or 55. Any good tyre fitting place should be able to advise you on exactly which size to use.

Or calculate it yourself with some online tools like:
http://www.vw-page.at/pages/trickkiste_reifenrechner.php http://www.kfztech.de/kfztechnik/fahrwerk/reifen/tacho-rechner.htm
Dunno if there's something like this in English available, but it should be usable anyway, perhaps with a little translation.

To match the tire diameter of your ZX3 tires on a 14 inch rim you would need 185/70 sized tires. The handling will suffer a little, but they will bite a little better in the snow.

inch rims. I guess I best just buy new winter tires on my 15 inch rims. Thanks again.
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:43:19 -0500, ledpeddle wrote:

In addition to the other replies I think it is wise to check that the rims stay clear of brake-calipers and other parts before You do anything else.

The wheels are not the same even though at a casual glance, look the same.
Focus 4X108 bolt pattern, plus 52mm offset, 63.5 mm hub
Escort 4x100 bolt pattern, plus 36mm offset, 54.1 mm hub.
Rims will not fit.
Wal-Mart in Canada sells steel rims for the focus in 14 and 15 inch rims for $39.00 each.