So you think gas is expensive?

PRICES AROUND THE GLOBE GAS PRICES PER LITRE IN US DOLLARS
Belgium         $1.71 Bosnia             $1.29
Britain         $1.73 Croatia         $1.36 Canada             $0.90 Finland         $1.60 France             $1.59 Germany         $1.61 Greece             $1.24 Iran             $0.09 <- yeah but how much does water cost? Ireland         $1.40 Japan             $1.22 Kazakhstan         $0.60 Netherlands     $1.76 Russia             $0.73 Slovenia         $1.37 Spain             $1.27 United States     $0.69 <- land of the biggest bellyachers & crybabies

We had been up to about $1.80 already this summer...;-(

Not uncommon in countries with own major oil industry. Might be even a little cheaper in Lybia?
Though water could be even more expensive...
http://www.gfmer.ch/International_activities_En/Images/Libia04.gif

Na, IMHO idiots are placed pretty consistent over the globe. The real reason for it is simple. Empires can tax other countries, in the case of United States it's the private FED money everyone needs to buy oil.
"EOO" <whereeverforever.com> wrote in message

I think you'll find the correct term is 'emmigrate', you spastic.
David R wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/3qe7
HTH
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

David R wrote:

It's all a matter of perspective
From your perspective they would be Emigrating, from our perspective they would be Immigrating.
151 "Emigrate" gcide "The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48" Emigrate \Em"i*grate\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. ; p. pr. & vb. n. .] [L. emigratus, p. p. of emigrare to remove, emigrate; e out + migrare to migrate. See .] To remove from one country or State to another, for the purpose of residence; to migrate from home. [1913 Webster]
151 "Immigrate" gcide "The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48" Immigrate \Im"mi*grate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. ; p. pr. & vb. n. .] [L. immigrare, immigratum, to immigrate; pref. im- in + migrare to migrate. See .] To come into a country of which one is not a native, for the purpose of permanent residence. See . [1913 Webster]
Roarmeister wrote:

You forgot Venezuela = $0.037

When you drive gas eating BIG SUVs and drive big distances every day 0.69 / L is very expensive.
Reminds me of the AMC Eagle, and the joke was that it was so housewives could get to the shopping mall. Seeing big, shiny SUVs rolling down the road in major metropolitan areas makes me think those people don't need SUVs. No dirt means no use.
But if people want to drive land yachts, they should know they are helping to drive up the price of gas. If I choose my 35MPG Focus over a 18MPG F-150, that's my choice.
Though there are times I wish I had it back. The Focus does have a big trunk, but it would sag under the weigh of 16 bags of compost....
Just Facts wrote:

Isn't envy one of the deadly sins? If you do not need, or want, a larger safer vehicle or can not afford to buy and operate one don't buy one, WBMA
mike hunt

If I needed one, I'd have bought one. No envy here. I loved having a full-sized truck, just didn't have enough use for it to keep it.
Sure was easy getting under it to do oil changes. Try that with a Focus...
Mike Hunter wrote:

So then what your problem those that do need, want and can afford one?
mike

Problem? None. Go back to the post on the comparative cost of fuel. I'm not advocating higher prices (like another tax put on fuel... that's all we need..) but I'm tired of folks complaining of high prices that imagine market forces have nothing to do with the price at the pump.
Mike Hunter wrote:

Then why did you say; "Seeing big, shiny SUVs rolling down the road in major metropolitan areas makes me think those people don't need SUVs?" What make you believe you know what vehicles a person needs?
mike hunt

From earlier in the thread "No dirt means no use"
I'm from out in a Cows-Moo-Politan area. I used my truck for all sorts of things. And further, "makes me think those people don't need SUVs" is just what I meant. How does an H2 with loads of chrome in the middle of Chicago justify itself? It's like seeing a clean 4x4. Showboat.
Just for snorts n grins, Wisconsin do-gooders are working themselves up over ethanol. Would someone be kind enough to detail the energy required to produce it from corn and furthermore, explain to us how the energy density will require how many gallons per miles traveled?
Mike Hunter wrote:

Really? Indeed my one daughter drives a showboat Tahoe, all alone, to the mall. The rest of the time she hauls her husband and five children, and all their stuff, wherever they need to go. Before they bought the Tahoe they needed to use TWO cars to take the kids. My one grandson drives his F150 Crew Cab to the Legion up in Wilmington at times, all by himself, or to tow his boat down to the Chesapeake Bay. During the week he hauls his work crew, of carpenters, and their tools to their current a job site in Smyrna. Now you 'know' that as well in case you see one of them in your travels ;)
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

Then according to Al Gore she is single-handedly destroying the ozone layer, causing global warming, and perpetuating our involvement in the middle east. I didn't know women had such power... From an episode of Saturday Night Live "The Fist that Rocks the Cradle".

Hmm, I have no plans to head out east again, unless the system wants me to. Aberdeen and Ft Dix are not my ideas of the hidden paradise. As to the Chesapeake, if I can't cast to the other bank with my fly rod, I'm not interested. Imagine the amount of backing on the reel to do that...

Safer? Not for other road users, and if you have an accident involving two large vehicles of the same type probably not for the occupant.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com