Sorry guys... gotta go.

I guess I won't be needing/reading this newsgroup for much longer. I got a new vehicle. Yep - I traded in the '04 Focus ZX5.
But you'll be glad to know I kept it in the family - moved over to the
Escape. I needed the extra room but mostly I needed the utility - it's awfully weird looking carrying a kayak on a hatchback Focus, if you know what I mean. And the hatchback was a bit tight for carrying the golf bag as well.
Thanks to the regulars who have chimed in on the good advice. Chao.