Speed Limiter - Cruse Control

Page 2 of 3

If you accelerate hard it'll override it.
--
Rich P
Replace .invalid with .com to reply.

Mercedes (all of them?).
Add pictures here
✖
Had something like this on a 89 Cougar. You could set it and it would buzz if you went over. Never used it.....
Skyhawk

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:30:09 +0000 (UTC), "James"

The New Focus has that feature (it's optional).
-Nick
Add pictures here
✖

Every car with cruise. However, they all allow you to go faster if you press the accelerator. But will come back to the preset speed when you release it.
--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

✖
Except when going down hill ;)
mike hunt
London SW

Add pictures here
✖
heck, even my mothers old '90 delta88 would apply the brake to maintain speed... amazes me it's not standard by now..
London SW

Add pictures here
✖
Dark1 wrote:

My 91 olds Custom Cruiser doesn't have this feature. For those of you in the UK, this is an "estate" that's about 19 feet long, weighs 4,400 pounds, three rows of seats. Great car.
Add pictures here
✖
Tony Wesley ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, no, no, that's not a "car". That's a house.
Add pictures here
✖

I find that hard to believe.
--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

✖
London SW

when the brake pedal sunk from under my foot going downhill I found it hard to believe too..lol
Add pictures here
✖

I wonder why GM didn't use a lower gear to "hold-back" speed on down hills like Chrysler does.
Add pictures here
✖

On current Chrysler vehicles (since at least 1997) the auto tranny will downshift to a lower gear if speed increases 2-3MPH above the setpoint of the Cruise Control. RPM's jump way up when in a downhill "run-away" situation. That tends to keep downhill speed in check fairly well.
Add pictures here
✖

hijames, just wondering if you are related to the reeve family in wroxham norfolk??
Add pictures here
✖
banjo`s wrote:

thats a good way to save fuel......
Add pictures here
✖

Except the vast majority that is.
--
Rich P
Replace .invalid with .com to reply.
✖

Surely the whole idea of a cruise control is to set the maximum speed? Sure you can over-ride it, but then this also applies to any speed limiter fitted to cars.
--
*The longest recorded flightof a chicken is thirteen seconds *

✖
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You can't set it to 40 or whatever round town then drive 'normally' in traffic and rely on it to stop you exceeding the limit.
You'll be doing 40 all the time - could get exciting!
A limiter will stop you doiing over the limit even if you press your foot down (to a point).
Cruise keeps you at a set speed regardless of required throttle changes. Two totally different things but closely related in their sensing/control functions.
Add pictures here
✖
If one would be better served by reading their owners manual to discover how CC actually works, rather than listing to all the disinformation that is being posted on the subject in this NG.
mike hunt

✖
Apparently on date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:30:09 +0000 (UTC), "James"

It was on some Renault (Megane?) I had the other day. Choice of cruise control - which almost does the same thing - and a limiter, which allows you to drive about normally but not above the set speed.
Be warned, though, cruise control on my other car does not alter the speed you set, but when going downhill, it only gives engine braking. So you can set 30 mph as a cruise speed, and the fancy computer will only be able to keep to this speed if, in the gear you have selected, engine braking can keep it.
Add pictures here
✖