Speedo problem!

Hi my focus sometimes has a problem with the speedo, as the needed fails to show the speed, and just stays on zero, but it does work most of the time, I have no idea why this is happening, can anyone help?

Thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Ward UK

Search this group for "vehicle speed sensor", or "VSS". It's been discussed many, many times in the past/

Bottom line; very common fault, 25UKP and 40 minutes work to fix if you are handy at your own repairs, 100UKP for a dealer to do.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Does the radio go quiet and the engine idle speed hang or prone to stall when stopping?

If any of the above google for "focus vss" ....

(very very very common)

ALTHOUGH, if you dont get any of the above symptoms, but the speedo just reads 0 then its mostly likely the instrument cluster.

Last time i had one, Ford were selling them at about £60 (instead of £300) as they've been put over a barrel by Watchdog et al as cluster failure is also v common!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..