Squeaky Brakes On 2001 SE

We first noticed our brakes squeaking when it would rain or in winter. After a few stops, like they were warming up or something, then they would stop. It was getting to us, so my wife and I took it to the
shop and they said the rear brakes were fine, but the front ones they wanted to replace. They put on new rotors and pads...I think. I think the problem had went away for a short time, but even now we still notice it from time to time.
Is this a common issue with the Focus? (Squeaky brakes). If so, whatís the solution so I can tell the shop.
Thanks! PaRaD0xxx
‚úĖ
"parad0xxx" wrote: > We first noticed our brakes squeaking when it would rain or in > winter. After a few stops, like they were warming up or > something, then they would stop. It was getting to us, so my > wife and I took it to the shop and they said the rear brakes > were fine, but the front ones they wanted to replace. They > put on new rotors and pads...I think. I think the problem had > went away for a short time, but even now we still notice it > from time to time. > > Is this a common issue with the Focus? (Squeaky brakes). If > so, what's the solution so I can tell the shop. > > Thanks! > PaRaD0xxx
I have a 2000 Focus SE and it has been squealing for 5 years every time itís damp and not quite as bad when dried out. It seems to be the rear brakes giving me all the trouble since the squeal still happens if I pull on the emergency brake.. Iím at 90k miles and this is my 3rd set of brakes and it still happens.. I heard from an ex ford mechanic that most brakes have a rounded edge but the Focus brakes have a squared edge which causes the squealing problems.. sounds logical that you donít put a squared edge on a round drum.. That sounds too stupid but after 8 recalls on my Focus nothing surprises me anymore..
Add pictures here
‚úĖ