Squeal on Starting

When the 2001 Focus Ztec starts it emits a sharp momentary squeal. It sounds like a belt squeal, although I'm not sure. Is this a common problem and does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks!
I just bought a 2002 1.6 Zetec-SE a few weeks ago and it's doing the same thing...Would be happy to know if anyone has the same problem. It happens only when cold... thx
My Focus does that from time to time - every other car I've owned has done it too : )
It just takes the right combination of humidity and cold temperatures. Nothing to worry about.
Rob

My guess is the alternator belt is loose or has gunk on it. When you start the car it puts a drain on the battery putting more stress on the belt. Looking at the belts on a 2.4l, it doesn't look like fun to replace - reminds me of my old Fiat, no space for my fat fingers.
Brian
I bought a belt for my 2000 ZTS, went home and opened the hood. As soon as I looked at how tight the space was on that side of the engine, I threw the belt in the trunk. I don't even want to condider trying to change that one.