squeking on idle / coolant problem?

Hello,
I have just noticed silent squeaking on idle, went to the garage and ask what could be the reason for that? The guy said that they come probably from
the water pump and are to do with a coolant that is currently used. The car is still on the warranty so they will change the coolant into other, better one. The color of the coolant is orange/pink and the car Focus 1.6 ztec from 2003. Has anyone heard about it?
br
vpn
jan kowalski wrote in message ...

I had this on my Peugeot after about 70k miles. It was the drive belt that runs the alternator/water pump/aircon etc. With the engine running, try dripping a little plain water onto the belt, Stand back as it will splash a bit but the squeak will possibly stop for a few minutes as the water lubricates the belt. If this turns out to be the cause, then a simple belt change will fix the problem. Dunno how easy this is to do on a focus as I'm only lurking in the group as I plan to buy a focus soon.
hth
Bob