Stalling problem

UK 1.8 Zetec 2001

50,000miles

Car stalls when I come to a stop after fast-ish driving, typically at a roundabout after a motorway.

Also will stall if I just rev it hard. >4000rpm

Always starts again Ok.

If I drive like a granny, no problems.

At the recent service, no fault found!

Any ideas

Cheers

Stew

Reply to
Stewart WILSON

Could be filter or pump. In North America Ford gave a ten-year warrantee extension.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Change your garage!

Classic symptoms of very well known gummed throttle body / idle speed control valve. Around 50k is the mileage problems start- especially if you have had 10 or 12k oil changes and not any more often- the dirty oil fumes gum it up sooner.

Cleaning both will eliviate the problem for some while, but the ISCV tends to need replacing soon after being cleaned as they stick again..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

In alt.autos.ford.focus Stewart WILSON suggested:

I'd ask your Ford dealer if there's a recent software update for your engine available, perhaps this solves the problem, anyway it can't hurt.;)

Reply to
Michael Heiming