Stalling problem

UK 1.8 Zetec 2001 50,000miles
Car stalls when I come to a stop after fast-ish driving, typically at a roundabout after a motorway.
Also will stall if I just rev it hard. >4000rpm
Always starts again Ok.
If I drive like a granny, no problems.
At the recent service, no fault found!
Any ideas
Cheers
Stew

Could be filter or pump. In North America Ford gave a ten-year warrantee extension.

Classic symptoms of very well known gummed throttle body / idle speed control valve. Around 50k is the mileage problems start- especially if you have had 10 or 12k oil changes and not any more often- the dirty oil fumes gum it up sooner.
Cleaning both will eliviate the problem for some while, but the ISCV tends to need replacing soon after being cleaned as they stick again..
Tim..

I'd ask your Ford dealer if there's a recent software update for your engine available, perhaps this solves the problem, anyway it can't hurt.;)
--
Michael Heiming (GPG-Key ID: 0xEDD27B94)