Steering column stereo remote

I have just got a 2000 (x) focus TDdi cos of a slight tet-a-tet with the back of a truck in my peugeot 306. Anyway i am getting a pioneer deh7600 mp3 player to fit in the new car to get rid of that god awful
tape player
Does anyone know of a supplier that provides an adaptor cable between this stereo and the stereo remote on the steering column, either web based in the UK or around the manchester area.
went to halfords and they said that they dont supply for pioneers, how annoying.
Any help would be well appreciated.

I'm not sure such an adapter exists. Try these guys for advice. They don't have an adapter listed but they may be able to give you a definitive answer :- http://www.incarexpress.co.uk
--
Paul Giverin

You might want to try www.autoleads.co.uk as I know they do adaptors for Sony, Kenwood and Pioneer units.
Take a look at the Excel file on the link below and you'll see the parts needed for a conversion (looks like you need a new facia as well?)
http://www.autoleads.co.uk/technical/vehicle_db.xls
Gareth.
writes

try this website http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk
cheers ash

I've got a Pioneer DEH P77MP and I'm using a cable for the steering wheel remote that I got from http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id "49 However, it doesn't list the DEH P7600MP or the older DEH P7400MP as working with this adaptor, so you should check before ordering.
It includes the adaptor to connect the wiring from the head unit to the rest of the wiring loom. That would normally be 8 or 10 on its own. http://www.incarexpress.co.uk had a similar lead but it worked out a little more expensive.
The two main manufacturers of these leads in the UK are http://www.connects2.com/pdfFiles/C2STALK.pdf and http://www.autoleads.co.uk
It might be worth speaking to them directly to check that the head unit you want will work properly.
--
Andrew Henry
snipped-for-privacy@cyberspace.org