Steering noise

When I turn the steering wheel I sometimes get a low whistle (a little like the sound you get while washing windows). Anybody ever get that problem out there ?
Thanks
I sometimes hear a soft scraping sound - like something is rubbing on the inside of the steering column - a wire or something. Does that sound like what you're hearing?
Rob
"ben'mo" wrote ...

Thank you for answering... it is not quite a scraping sound and it usually starts after 10-15 minutes of driving.
Ben'mo
Could be your power steering pump?
"UFO" wrote ...

Not in my case. I've had the pump checked - it's OK, and I changed the PS fluid at the proper interval.
Rob

Might be... I am not taking any chances as we are leaving on a trip soon so I'm taking it to a Ford dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know...
Ben'Mo