sticking doors

I own a 2000 ford focus wagon. This morning I tried to get into my car and all the door handles were stuck. I live in a coastal area, so weather is
usually mild, although this morning it was a bit cool and frosty. I was wondering if anyone knows, do the door handles require lubricating (WD 40?) to prevent sticking? This happened once before but it wasn't cold at all. thank you for any help

The passenger side door on my 2002 Focus was getting a bit sticky and required quite a substantial tug to get it to unlatch. I little bit of spray grease (I'd advise against WD40 - it's mostly solvent and isn't a particularly good lubricant) on the latch mechanism fixed this. Hope this helps.
--
Mike Quin < snipped-for-privacy@elite.uk.com>

Thank you Mike for your advice...I will try this. janet