Sticking throttle

Can anyone please help me with the problem I have with a 2002 1.8 focus TDCI. It will 'intermittently' refuse to back off after taking my foot off the accelerator, but wait for a few seconds and it will slow back down to
normal, it's almost like an intermittent sticking throttle cable. TIA Ivan.
Ivan wrote:

I have a 54 TDCi 1.8 and this has happened many times, I take it to the dealer,they fix it or say that nothing is wrong-1st time they said it was a problem with the onboard computer?? then it was a problem with the flywheel and I had to pay 80 quid for a new clutch(after just 20,000 miles) . If you find a definitive answer I would love to know ;)
Paul Johnson wrote:

worn sensor on the throttle position pickup ,

Steve Robinson wrote:

Thanks, it can certainly be very interesting (as Paul can probably verify) in heavy slow-moving traffic, when you get a sudden surge foreword!
Thanks, it can certainly be very interesting in heavy slow-moving traffic, when you get a sudden surge foreword!
Ivan wrote:

To quote a Smiths song-I can laugh about it now,but at the time it was terrible!
Paul Johnson wrote:

Well Paul it was 'so' interesting that I quoted it twice;o)
Ivan wrote:

:)