Stiff door handle!

Anyone got any suggestions as to the best way to go about lubricating a stiff door handle on a 2002 model UK Focus? Namely what's the best stuff to use and do I have to take it apart, etc? WD40 springs to mind, but I faintly recall reading somewhere that this may not be a good idea. It's just the handle mechanism by the way, not the lock. Stiff from under use most likely.

Gary.

Reply to
Gary McClean

If it isn't stiff with the door open, put a dab of lithium grease in the centre of the 'U' that make up the door jam striker latch. Open and close the door a few times. Done.

Reply to
FanJet

A word from the US, may not be applicable.

Just got my 2001 Focus SE Wagon (US-made, Wayne, Michigan) back from the shop. They took it over to the Ford dealer. It was there for a different problem, but my rear door handle were stiff. While it was there, they replaced the rear door locks on my car under some Ford recall or extended warranty program.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

I have the same problem with my 2003. It's not the lock mechanism by the handle linkage that is stiff.

Reply to
rufus20