Strange Clutch Problem

I have 2003 ZTS that has abnormally heavy/stiff clutch pedal that occurs in temperatures above 70. The hotter it is outside the worse it gets. The srange thing is that if you push it in and
out a few times it nearly goes back to normal then you drive it some more and bam the clutch get stiff again.
With temeratures under 60, it never exhibts this weird behavior. Hoping someone out here may have run into this and figured out the cause.
The car only has 50,000 miles on it and this started happening last summer at 28000 miles and at the time only in 90 + degrees. 95% of the miles are highway miles. All winter and up until it reached 70 this spring it was normal.
thanks for any help,
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
My car just started doing this too and the hot weather.. Hasnt bothered me to much yet tho. Not to sure how to fix it :(
My car just started doing this too and the hot weather.. Hasnt bothered me to much yet tho. Not to sure how to fix it :(
On 6/22/2006 12:40:01 PM, wrote:

I would be interested in knowing how many miles are on your car and if you have had any contact with Ford and if so what they say about this.
I had a similar sort of problem in reverse, it got less stiff when hot. It turned out to be the cable. Couldn't find anything wrong with the old one though.
Ian

in temperatures above 70. The hotter

in and out a few times it nearly

stiff again.

someone out here may have run into

at 28000 miles and at the time

up until it reached 70 this spring

On 6/25/2006 8:03:07 AM, "Ian" wrote:

Strange, my Focus has a hydraulic clutch not a cable.