Strange noises/and gear box

I have a 1.8TDDI Focus-UK and its 2years old-so still under warranty. Two problems, which Fords seem unwilling to recognise and hence repair- any ideas.

  1. After running for a few miles I can hear a "low pitched whisle", this can be heard more when the car comes to rest. It isnt constant but comes in 2/3 "waves" 10 seconds apart and then stops. Drive away and it starts again. I have had Fan belt replaced!
  2. Gears have become very clanky especially between 2nd/3rd. They have looked at this and said they have adjusted "gear Linkage". Still their- Should I pursue ? This clanky resistance is not always present. Thanks - I want to book it in again armed with some technical backup!

-- Regards, Stu Devereux. Fax no. 08701339568 (Outside UK fax 448701339568) E-mail. snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Reply to
Stewart Devereux
  1. low pitched whistle. There are just too many possibilities. It could be anything from a small exhaust leak to a steering pump bearing going. The only way to tell is with a auto stethescope or a piece of rubber hose to listen around in order to pin point it.

  1. Clanky gears. You did not say if stick or automatic. Assuming stick, I would say the only thing other then low fluid, would be a clutch that is not disengaging properly, bad clutch master cylinder, or warped.

Reply to
maat333