Strange problem

Hi. I have an 2000 Focus with a strange problem.

When the engine is idling, the rpm's will dip slightly and the engine will shake (I can feel the vibration when sitting in the driver's seat) as if it's going to shut down, but then it just resumes idling normally. That behavior repeats once a minute or two (more or less). The symptoms are more noticeable when the air conditioning is on, but they do occur when the A/C is off as well (although, they're less pronounced then).

I've already replaced the spark plugs and the plug cables. (No effect.) I'm also planning to replace the fuel filter. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Reply to
NoRemorse

on this year, ive changed loads of coil packs doing about 5 a week at one point...

Reply to
ford_technical_

Hmm. I'll try that. Thanks.

Reply to
NoRemorse

It's not the electric fan kicking on and off, is it?

Reply to
Stephan Mynarkiewicz

Nope.

Reply to