Stuck CD in 6006 CD Player

Ok, here's the problem. Bought a new CD and inserted in the player and the player started making a bunch of weird noises. Tried to get the player to eject the CD, but now it doesn't even recognize that a
CD is in the player to eject. Is this going to require me to to remove and disassemble the player ?
TIA
Hello,
I had this problem too. I opened the metal box and carefully removed the CD. I also searched for the reason of the problem and turned some wheels and pushed some moveable parts. After this the player was OK again, but I don't know why.
Good luck
Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang. Can you tell me how you opened the metal box or got to it? I don't see any obvious screws or tabs to push.
Thanks,
Steve
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:18:17 +0100, "Wolfgang Straile"

You will need some 'stereo release keys' - for a ford stereo.
Your local Halfords may be able to help you remove it for free it you ask them nicely. The keys arn't expensive to buy.
You need 2 'set of keys', you insert them both together one at either sife of stereo, and push, the stereo will then release and you pull it out by hand.
Hope this helps, Chris

Hello Steve,
you can pull out the stereo out of the dash board as Chris says. Best choice are these extraction tools. I don't remember exactly how I opened the cabinet (box). I just remember that I lifted a little bit the top and bottom cover at the rear corners to see where they are fixed. Nothing will break if you are careful.
Good luck
Wolfgang

Mine has 2 or 3 TORX head bolts in the upper lip that need to be removed to get inside it.

Experience with another internal stacking changer mechanism is the main reason I never insert original pressed CDs into my Focus's 6006. (Another reason is that it's slot loading.) When the inevitable day comes that it scratches or refuses to eject a disc, I'll only have lost a CD-R, not an original (and perhaps hard-to-replace) CD.
Thanks to all with your thoughts and ideas. May see if I can locate the tool to remove the player. It appears that's just the 2nd slot which is malfunctioning as all others load and play fine.