stuck shift lever

i have a 1992 Ford Aerostar 4.0 and i can`t get it out of park!! i can put it into reverse by pulling on the linkage but not into drive... i have been told it may have a lock-out switch on the brake pedal that
locks it in park if your tail lights malfunction. i checked my tail lights and they are working just fine.... there are two switches on the brake pedal one with wires and one with a rubber hose.. i assume the switch with the rubber hose is the lock-out switch... can i disable this switch so i can shift into drive to move the van??...... or is the shift cable itself the culprit or possibly a internal transmission problem??......... PLEASE HELP!! i need to move this van ASAP
the hose to the best of my knowledge is for the cruise control... I had a 93 escort in which it failed so being yours is a 94 its probably the same.