SVT snow tires

Does anybody know if it's ok to mount a 225 45 R17 snow tire on the SVT rims which ship with 215 45 Z17s? Will they fit?

rims
The 225s will be about 1/2 inch taller and your speedo will read 1.4% slower. I would be inclined to say no. Check this out:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Ron

It would depend on how much you have to drive daily ...or how scared you are driving in it. Last year if I could've found studded snow tires here in PA. I'd have bought them even in Feb. but I couldn't so I prayed a lot while driving my wagon.Now I have a ZX5 with snow tires - don't have to worry . It's a nice feeling.... Linda

The 17" tires on your SVT (especially if they're the original
Continentals) are very allergic to snow and you definitely need snow