Tailgate strut

I'm in the UK and own a 51 plate Ford focus TDCI estate, I went to open the tailgate and found that one of the rear struts had packed up and was leaking some kind of fluid. Can anyone kindly point me in the direction of an online company which actually displays the price of a replacement part without having to contact people and not becoming involved with Ebay, TIA Ivan.

Reply to
Ivan

For something that easy to remove / replace you could worse than to pop to a scrappy and see if they have any dead Focuses kicking around....

Reply to
Richard Parkin

Thanks for the advice Richard, I had thought of that but as it had failed at such a young age I wondered if it was a common thing on focuses and would it therefore be worth the hassle if a new replacement was relatively cheap. Previous to this I've owned a couple of Astra estates, one of them for 17 years which was used for small business purposes, in which time the tailgate must have been opened and closed thousands of times without a single problem!

Reply to
Ivan

Perhaps it was a dodgy batch?

Reply to
Tony Sutton

I rang around various places and was quoted nothing cheaper than about £30.00, more out of curiosity than anything else I decided to ring the main Ford agent, expecting some kind of ridiculous OEM price, however I was pleasantly surprised to receive a quote of £19.30 plus vat... well knock me down with with the old proverbial feather!

Reply to
Ivan