TDCi

I have just got a Focus TdCI zetec, and am quite pleased with it, apart from maybe the wheels, and the speakers. :

1) Will it handle better with 17" wheels on (has 15 on at mo) 2) What speakers are good - don't want to mess around with the dash, so just want to upgrade the speakers which will fit the current grilles. 3) What wheels should I look for that look good and don't cost the earth.

Cheers

Reply to
Brett

1) With 17" and 45 section tyres of a good make dry grip will be increased- wet grip about the same or alittle worse- it will be more prone to aquaplaning due to the increased width of the tyre. 2) Pretty much any 5x7 of £50 or more speaker will be better than the factory fit. I started with Infinity reference 5x7's which were a massive improvement, but now have Infinity 6.5" components in the front doors (with mondeo adapter) amped with ~100w rms per side and it now rocks. 3) Personnally I think the best 17inchers on the Focus bar none are the MP3 ones (6 spokes), but you'll still be looking at £500 plus tyres, or you may be lucky and find some on ebay...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

In alt.autos.ford.focus Brett suggested:

Probably, only downside might be rain and the price of those tires, which I'd check and think about if you are driving much.

Left the original 15" alloy and got a complete Sachs suspension / shock absorber kit. Lowered the car about 35 mm, while still usable as normal. Now handling has improved dramatically.

With the original setup (Ghia), it was hardly drive-able at high speeds, now it's like the car "draws" on the streets, no matter at which speed.;)

Exchanged the original front with Infinity reference and the rear with JBL (GTO series or alike), makes a huge difference / improvement and they perfectly fit. Exchanging the Ford radio with something (Alpine) that is worth the name car audio made it even better.;)

Good luck

Reply to
Michael Heiming

In alt.autos.ford.focus Michael Heiming suggested:

Another downside, fuel consumption will climb up a little bit and you'll lose Vmax. Perhaps 5-10 km/h.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Touching on the Ford Audio, does any one by change verify that the 6000CD that comes standard with TDCi 1.8 has got speaker inputs? e.g. connect cell carkit to it and use the radio speakers instead of cell phone unit?

Reply to
gillc