temperature control unit

my fan quit working on my control unit and i would like to try and change it myself, i would just like to know how to get it out, and if there are any special ways of doing it. i have a 2000 ford focus. It is a three
switch unit.
In message

Is this the cabin fan that is controlled by switch on the dash? If so, does it work on the fastest setting, but not the slower settings?
--
Alan
yes it is the cabin fan control on the dash, no it does not work on the fastest, the first and second setting cut out last week, and then the 3rd and the 4th just cut out this week. it would sometime work if i had it set between the 3rd and the 4th, but now nothing.