Thanks fellas!

I got the job done. I went out and bought a Ford Radio Removal tool - there is an actual tool with this name. I broke the face plate off the inoperative radio trying to get it out. It wasn't until I did this that I understood why I was having such a hard time removing the unit. Apparently, when the damage to the stereo occurred, the front lip of the metal part of the stereo went over the plastic lip of the plastic front panel. After I busted the face plate off the stereo unit I was able to lift it over the plastic lip and it came right out.

The new unit went in even easier.

So, all went well. Even though I didn't get to read your replies until now - 3 hours after I made the change out, I really appreciate all of your help.

Thanks again!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Osborn