The "mysterious" DPFE

Got the old check engine light problem, noticed, though it is somewhat subtle, the engine stuttering, took the car to AutoZone, (thanks to the folks here), they came up with the EGR problem diagnosis, suggesting it
could either be a dirty EGR or a problem with the solenoid. Could find the solenoid easily enough but couldn't locate the damn DPFE, though I know what it looks like-they showed me one at AutoZone-and I've seen a drawing that shows the location of the thing next to the solenoid, which is also where the Haynes manual claims it is. Any thoughts? I've traced one of the vacuum lines from the thing to a point below the fuel injector? Took several pics, maybe someone out there can point me in the right direction. TIA.
John Cairns
http://community.webshots.com/album/398711972brxXMS
Does this help?
http://www.teamfocus.us/dpfeservice.htm

No, that was the drawing I was referring to. If you look at the "01" pic you'll notice two mounting points just above the solenoid, course there's nothing there or at the two mounting points to the left.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/398711972/398713537QHZsJf
John Cairns
John Cairns wrote:

John, check out this link supplied by Bob Minchin. Is the second photo your layout?? http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid