THROBBING brake pedal

Hi all: My 2000 Focus brake pedal pulsates VERY badly when applied. At 140 thousand miles, we've had the front disc pads replaced a couple of times, and the rears (shoes?) once. I have to get this done quickly, so I'm taking parts to my mechanic, who is honest (and expensive). Cannot wait while he tracks down parts. I THINK I need: 2 front rotors, 2 calipers, pads, brake shoes (rear), and maybe (??) drums, wheel cylinder kits (4?), wheel bearings? Also getting the shocks replaced, with cheap Gabriels...so dumb I'm not sure if has struts on the front...:+( If I take it to the mechanic and just say "do it please" it will be a thousand dollars, take a week, but it will be done right... I need it done in 1-2 days, and much cheaper... I really want the pulsating to stop, and don't mind new pads/shoes/bleeding... can any of these parts be bought at a junkyard? any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!! paul

Reply to
paulmbedard

Just the front pads and never the rotors? I'm pretty sure that your rotors are warped and with that many miles, they're shot.

You can get rotors from a junkyard, but be careful what you buy. You might end up with ones that are just as bad as what you have on your car.

Good luck.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

IMHO:

Couple of things that could cause this. Missaligned rotors and calipers. Out of round rotors. Warped rotors. You should have a qualified person check them out, because it sucks when the car doesn't want to start, and it's even worse when the car doesn't want to stop.

Merry Christmas,

Tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

wrote

Pulsing is caused by the front rotors being warped. Do you mean to say that you have gone 140k miles on your first set of rotors? They are way overdue to be replaced. They cost under a hundred dollars to buy and less than an hour's work to install. Generally a good idea to replace the pads at the same time.

You can get this done quickly and cheaply at any of the big chain places, (they will have the parts on hand) but by all means go to your mechanic if you prefer.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Used to have this problem on my car (UK Model), had the disc's (rotor's) replaced - no more problems after that.

Don't go to a junkyard - buy new ones, is it really worth buying second hand parts just to save a little money on an important safety feature of your car?

Reply to
me

In alt.autos.ford.focus snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

140k miles or roughly 224.000 km the rotors are more then done and need to be replaced with the pads. It's a shame that whomever replaced the pads didn't demanded to change the rotors, wouldn't bring my car there again.

IIRC all Focus have 4 disc brakes (over here).

Dunno "junkyard", usually you can safely buy pads/rotors from a few companies that deliver parts to the automobile industry. Over here Ie. "textar". "junkyard" sounds a bit like already used parts? While this is no problem with something like a door or so, wouldn't get the most critical parts like brakes used.

Good luck

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Not in the USA.

I wouldn't buy brake pads from a junkyard, but a set of low mileage rotors, why not? Once you install new rotors and run them for a week, aren't they also used? Nowt wrong with parts from a breakers if they're within spec, and rotors are very easy to check for thickness in situ.

Reply to
Mark Olson
[..]

Can you easily measure if the rotors have more unbalance then they must? No you can't. Can you easily measure if those rotors have hair cracks? No you can't. So, it can't be safely suggested to get used rotors.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

bread crumbs

1 onion minced salt pepper butter olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical cords so they won?t be tough). Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion then fold in half, trimming neatly. Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs; allow to sit for a few minutes. Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)

1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery Onions bell peppers Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight. Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and fruit such as pineapples or cherries on the skewers. Don?t be afraid to use a variety of meats. Grill to medium rare, serve with garlic cous-cous and sautéed asparagus. Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese, and port. Cigars for the gentlemen (and ladies if they so desire)!

Crock-Pot Crack Baby

When the quivering, hopelessly addicted crack baby succumbs to death, get him immediately butchered and into the crock-pot, so that any remaining toxins will not be fatal. But don?t cook it too long, because like Blowfish, there is a perfect medium between the poisonous and the stimulating. Though it may not have the same effect on your guests, a whole chicken cooked in this fashion is also mighty tasty.

1 newborn - cocaine addicted, freshly expired, cleaned and butchered Carrots onions leeks celery bell pepper potatoes Salt pepper garlic, etc 4 cups water

Cut the meat into natural pieces and brown very well in olive oil, remove, then brown half of the onions, the bell pepper, and celery. When brown, mix everything into the crock-pot, and in 6 to

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Make a roux with butter, oil and flour, brown vegetables in the roux, then add chicken stock and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the patties or stuffed heads, and some loose crawfish, lobster, long piglet, or what have you. Cook on low for 15 minutes, then allow it to set for at least 15 minutes more. Serve over steamed rice; this dish is very impressive!

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Babies really can be found under a cabbage leaf - or one can arrange for ground beef to be found there instead.

8 large cabbage leaves 1 lb. lean ground newborn human filets, or ground chuck Onions peppers celery garlic soy sauce salt pepper, etc Olive oil breadcrumbs Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften. In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil, then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely) and season well. Place in a large bowl and cool. Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy, enough to make the mixture pliable. Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll. Place seam down in a baking pan. Ladle tomato gravy on top, and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon

Reply to
Mark Olson

golden brown, remove. Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit. Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock. Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce. You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets, top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper. Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand, you can use a pound of ground pork instead. The secret to great meatballs, is to use very lean meat.

1 lb. ground flesh; human or pork 3 lb. ground beef 1 cup finely chopped onions 7 - 12 cloves garlic 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs ½ cup milk, 2 eggs Oregano basil salt pepper Italian seasoning, etc. Tomato gravy (see index) Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta

Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl, then mix each of the other ingredients. Make balls about the size of a baby?s fist (there should be one lying around for reference). Bake at 400°for about 25 minutes - or you could fry them in olive oil. Place the meatballs in the tomato gravy, and simmer for several hours. Serve on spaghetti. Accompany with green salad, garlic bread and red wine.

Newborn Parmesan

This classic Sicilian cuisine can easily be turned into Eggplant Parmesan If you are planning a vegetarian meal. Or you could just as well use veal - after all, you have to be careful - Sicilians are touchy about their young family members...

6 new
Reply to
Alan

Not in the UK.

Reply to
Alan

In alt.autos.ford.focus Michael Heiming :

Nope, I didn't. Looks like just another spoofer:

Look at the header, long way the message should have taken from Germany to Germany through Denmark and the Netherlands?

192.180.4.116.mismatch

Probably Netherlands injection once again.

You can take a look at my headers, they are signed and can be easily verified using 'pgpverify' (ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/)

Reply to
Michael Heiming